The HBAA is committed to promoting excellence. This is recognised and honoured in the annual HBAA awards ceremony at the Annual Forum.
Categories cover the range of activities of our members but change over time ensuring that all aspects of business are recognised.
The Tim Gasson Award
This special award is not presented at the Annual Forum, instead it is presented by the outgoing Chair at our Annual Dinner in January.
Tim Gasson played a significant role in shaping the HBAA, serving as Treasurer, Chairman of the Events Committee and finally as Chairman in 2007.
He died in a motoring accident during his year as Chair, and the committee voted to perpetuate his memory with a special award to a member who has made a particular contribution to the HBAA, and who demonstrates commitment to its ethical principles in their business life, just as Tim always did.
Anybody can be nominated and the award is decided by the Chair and Venue Chair.
Past Winners of The Tim Gasson Award
- 2014 – Stephen Usher
- 2013 – Mia Butler, Sundial Venues
- 2012 – Jacqui Bentley McKenna, Focus Hotels
- 2011 – Susanna Christie, Infotel Solutions
- 2010 – Richard Rees, MacDonald Hotels laterly Conference Care
- 2009 – Lisa Lennoux-Dock, Chewton Glen
- 2008 – Robbert Meinardi, Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin