HBAA are delighted to continue working with Buses4Homeless, which makes use of converted, old and decommissioned buses to help homeless people in the city of London and in future create satellite projects in other areas.
Buses4Homeless projects include using buses for shelter, mobile kitchens and vocational training opportunities.
So far we have raised an amazing £32,566.50 in total for Buses4Homless.
A few facts:
- Buses4Homeless mission is to provide 14,600 nights sleep a year in the warmth and comfort of Double Decker Buses.
- One converted bus can sleep up to 20 homeless people a night.
- It costs £5,000 to purchase a bus in order to start the refurbishment.
- Buses will be converted into Sleeping, Eating & Learning spaces for the homeless
- Each guest undertakes a 3 month intensive course to equip them with the skills and tools to go from the streets into paid employment and housing at the end of the programme.
HBAA is planning activities throughout the year to support and raise funds for Buses4Homeless, including the Annual Dinner, Annual Forum, Members Meetings and Come Dine With Me.
If you would like to donate this this fantastic charity you can do so via their Just Giving page here.