Episode 7 of The Future in 15 Show broke new ground with Rachelle joining as the first female guest to come on the show. Dezika is a tech startup aiming to disrupt the MICE commission world by making the collection and management easier for venues, supplier and agencies.
Rachelle was challenged by Show Host Caleb Parker on her views on the future of MICE commission, a hot topic following a heated 'Great Debate' on commission at the HBAA Annual Forum the previous week in Manchester, England. Rachelle herself moderated a panel discussion on the same topic at The Meetings Show in June.
Here are some of the big questions we discussed:
- What is the future of MICE commission?
- Will transparency incentivise venues to pay commission invoices faster?
- Do we need standardisation in MICE commission?
- What's better: commission or booking fees?
- How does Dezika help agencies collection commission?
- How does Dezika streamline commission payments for venues?
The show was filmed in front of an audience of #eventprofs, agencies and suppliers who participated in an 'off cam' debate, and networked over wine before and after the show whilst taking in brilliant panoramic views of the City of London and the River Thames from Us&Co's top floor event space.
(Visit The Future in 15 Facebook page for behind the scenes photos)
Watch the full episode below: