Reducing the environmental impact of our operations and conducting business in a responsible and sustainable way is key to fulfilling our vision of doubling our business and growing our profit margins by 2023. Alongside our clients and suppliers, we are committed to improving our green credentials and review our policies regularly to ensure we’re meeting and exceeding industry standards.
- Belfast is one of Europe’s most accessible cities, it is a compact city that can be easily navigated on foot. Our convenient location at the heart of the city centre minimises the need for delegate transfers. For international delegates getting to our venue, there are two airports located close to the city. Belfast International airport is a 30-minute drive and George Best City Airport is just a 5-minute drive from our venue.
- Over 90% of our employees use public transport, cycle, or walk to work. This helps to reduce city centre congestion and air pollution. In September 2018, Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company, Translink, introduced The Glider service which has the potential to reduce congestion around Belfast City Centre and has a positive effect on the environment as one Glider can take up to 87 cars off the road!
- Our combined heat and power system is a lower carbon technology that captures and reuses heat waste in the building to reduce overall CO2 emissions. The unique feature of the CHP is to capture the heat that would normally be wasted in electricity generation whilst supplying both to the building. The CHP unit uses a conventional engine that runs on a single fuel, it supplies heating and electrical power to our entire ICC site; the CHP recovers heat that would otherwise go to atmosphere. The great thing about the CHP unit is that the waste heat is connected to our venue’s radiators so not only is the CHP unit environmentally friendly, it is inexpensive!
- When crafting menu options, Hospitality Belfast always incorporate ingredients from local suppliers that can be traced at every stage of the short farm to fork journey. Our approach to food is fresh, 'real' and innovative. We love to work with local food heroes and use quality assured farm produce, craft brewers, native beef breeds and artisan bakers to offer a truly 'Belfast' experience.
- None of our waste goes directly to landfill. All dry waste is recycled, and we can sustainably source 100% compostable and biodegradable paper cups.
- Client contracts are securely signed and returned electronically, vastly reducing our printing volume.