The continuation of the All Party Parliamentary Group for the UK Events Industry (APPG) following the summer recess has been formally confirmed by the Office of the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards.
The core members of the All Party Parliamentary Group for the UK Events Industry (APPG) remain the same, following the group’s AGM earlier this year.
Those holding formal positions on the Group are confirmed as:
- Chair James Heappey MP (Conservative)
- Vice Chair Christian Matheson MP (Labour)
- Vice Chair Viscount Waverley (Crossbench)
- Officer Chris Davies MP (Conservative)
- Officer Nigel Huddleston MP (Conservative)
Welcoming the continuation of the APPG, James Heappey MP said:
“I’m determined that the APPG will continue to keep the concerns of the events industry high on the Parliamentary agenda at this important time for the sector. I know this coming Parliamentary year will be a busy one for all of us and I’m delighted that so many of my colleagues have stepped up to the plate and shown their enthusiasm in keeping the group going. But we have no limit on our numbers so if you want your local MP to join our group and support your work, drop them a line and encourage them to sign. I look forward to hearing from as many people as possible about the opportunities for keeping Britain’s event businesses as competitive as possible – both now and into the future”.
The formal purpose of the cross-party APPG is:
- To represent the UK events industry in Parliament;
- To highlight the value of the industry;
- To engage with politicians and industry representatives; and
- To ensure that the UK benefits from the success of large internationally prominent events.
Communications and marketing agency Davies Tanner will continue to be the official registered Secretariat and Special Advisors to the APPG. A new programme of meetings for the forthcoming Parliamentary year will be confirmed shortly.