As part of its wider investment strategy, The Barbican is spending £644,000 refurbishing its Frobisher rooms and Level 4 of the centre as part of a £2.2m development taking place throughout the Centre this summer
The focus of the Frobisher refurbishment is designed to create an even stronger connection between the Centre’s main conference and meeting facilities and its arts spaces.
“We want to make the facilities on Level 4, including the Frobisher rooms, feel closer to the venue as a whole and strengthen the connection to the arts, for which the Barbican is world famous,” explained Lee Dobson, Head of Event Management at The Barbican. “We undertook research which echoed our own desire to extend the Barbican’s ethos, brand, and design language into the wider building, including the Level 4 and Frobisher spaces. This will be reflected in this work, which highlights the importance of these spaces both for the Barbican, and as a desirable destination for city based clients.”
The Frobisher investment strategy includes:
· Relocating the Frobisher reception desk
· Introduction of art and performance related décor into to Level 4 public areas
· Developing key spaces such as Auditorium 1 Foyer into a lounge space
· The creation of a central hub area in the middle of the Crescent that can be flexible depending on the type and style of events being held in the vicinity.
· Replacing conference and lounge furniture
· General refurbishment of the Frobisher Rooms, including décor, flooring and AV upgrades
· Replacing the house and production lighting in Auditorium 1 & 2
Lee continued: “By redefining the spaces, we will continue to deliver a location that is fit for purpose and capable of hosting the meetings of today. These spaces, which are flexible for both formal and informal use, will cater for a wider audience whilst offering an inspiring event space in the heart of the City that will bring art and business together as one.”
The Frobisher Rooms refurbishment is set to be completed in early September 2016.
Further information about utilising event space at the Barbican can be acquired by contacting the Business Events Team: +44 (0)20 7382 7043 | email@example.com.