The Barbican has overseen a £2.2million development across the Centre this summer with a £644,000 refurbishment of the Frobisher Rooms and Level 4 being showcased at IMEX Las Vegas in October.
The Frobisher rooms and Level 4 of the centre has seen a £644,000 refurbishment as part of the Barbican’s wider investment strategy. The focus of the work was designed to create a stronger connection between the centre’s main conference and meeting facilities and its arts spaces.
“Undoubtedly IMEX America gives us the biggest stage in which to showcase the new look Frobisher rooms and refurbishment to the industry,” commented Oliver Hargreaves, Head of Sales at Barbican Business Events. “We are making great strides internationally as a venue and the investment into transforming the Frobisher rooms and Level 4 will further increase our ability to offer excellence to buyers and organisers. The work will further connect the Barbican’s arts offering with its business event capabilities creating something unique. We look forward to once again being part of IMEX America and taking advantage of the global connections it brings.”
The Frobisher refurbishment included:
• Relocating the Frobisher reception desk
• Introduction of art and performance related décor into to Level 4 public areas
• Development of key spaces such as Auditorium 1 Foyer into a lounge space
• The creation of a central hub area in the middle of the Crescent that can be flexible depending on the type and style of events being held in the vicinity.
• Replacement of conference and lounge furniture
• General refurbishment of the Frobisher Rooms, including décor, flooring and AV upgrades
• Replacement of house and production lighting in Auditorium 1 & 2
The Frobisher Rooms refurbishment will also be showcased at SquareMeal (21-22 September) on stand G21.
Further information about utilising event space at the Barbican can be acquired by contacting the Business Events Team: +44 (0)20 7382 7043 | email@example.com.