History Meets High Technology in Enhanced Meetings and Events Spaces at Hanbury Manor in Hertfordshire
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club is an impressive 17th century country retreat set in 200 acres of Hertfordshire parkland with a Jack Nicklaus II designed golf course, well-appointed spa and restaurant. World-class service and a prime, well-connected location complete the resort’s outstanding offer. Following an extensive £1.7m refurbishment and development of its meetings and event spaces masterminded by internationally renowned designer, Lucid Interior Design, Hanbury Manor opened its doors to reveal the exquisite results on 5 April 2018.
Designed to create a seamless flow between each meeting and event area, delegates and guests can now enjoy enhanced technology, beautifully designed spaces and a sense of history. Three new meeting rooms have been created - Cedar, Pine and Willow – which can host 10, 8 and 8 delegates respectively. With these new additions, Hanbury Manor now offers 17 individual meetings and events spaces – there is somewhere to suit all delegate and guest requests.
The signature event rooms have been updated with a blend of bespoke and hand-finished pieces using a rich palette of copper, brown and blue and thoughtful references to the local area. Meeting rooms have been updated with innovative technology such as Clevertouch Screens, Smart Write on Walls and ClickShare connectivity. New signage technology will clearly direct delegates around the meetings and events hub and the rest of the resort.
The signature meetings and events spaces include:
- The Thundridge Suite - this multi-functional space now holds up to 200 guests theatre style. It is suitable for informal and private meetings as well as for delegates to unwind.
- Assembly Hall - this refreshed area with polished wooden floors and subtle references to Hanbury Manor’s serene parkland includes a deconstructed rose design in the carpet in honour of the 19th century rose garden built by James II for Robert Hanbury in 1865. The new rugs and furniture within the Assembly Hall are all hand-crafted from England, Scotland and Italy and the bespoke carpentry reflects the geometric quatrefoil in the garden’s fountains. The Assembly Hall is at the centre of the meetings and events hub. It has the capacity to hold informal group meetings, private meetings and break out spaces for delegates to unwind. The new Cedar, Willow and Pine meeting rooms are included within the Assembly Hall space.
- Poles Hall - the beautiful chapel of the original manor house retains the original distinctive vaulted ceiling and minstrel’s gallery, now rejuvenated with a softer decor and a unique, atmospheric lighting system. The striking bespoke chandeliers and concealed LED lighting will create a soft glow or a dramatic effect depending on the occasion. The new design will create a timeless space that will look beautiful for many years to come. Poles Hall is the perfect setting for a romantic wedding, it can hold up to 180 guests.
- The Garden Court, Summer House and Conservatory - provides an elegantly romantic setting overlooking the original scented Grade II listed Walled Garden and has space for 160 guests.
- General Manager Russell Prior comments: “We are delighted to welcome guests to experience our improved and inspiring event environments, which celebrates the hotel’s sense of place and heritage while offering the very latest in technology. Our beautiful location in Hertfordshire means we are in a fantastic position for clients looking for an easy escape out of London; for international delegates, we are only a short distance from Luton and Stansted Airports and we have great road and rail links to the rest of the country. Once here, delegates and guests can maximise both their business and leisure experience by enjoying our excellent facilities including our world-class golf course, luxury spa, fantastic restaurants and 200 acres of stunning parkland. We do offer something for everyone.”
Hanbury Manor offers a striking setting and welcoming team who will create a memorable event for meeting and event planners searching for a destination of true distinction and for couples seeking a fairy-tale wedding venue.
For more information regarding Hanbury Manor Hotel and Country Club, please visit www.marriotthanburymanor.co.uk or call +44 (0) 1920 487 722.