A new initiative launched by The Meetings Show to champion young meeting and event planners is now open for entries.
Tomorrow’s Talent is being run by The Meetings Show, in partnership with Meetings & Incentive Travel Magazine, to shine a spotlight on the exceptional young talent within the industry and help to nurture and support the leaders of the future.
A panel of industry professionals will select the 10 most promising under 30s to receive a series of opportunities throughout 2019 to raise their profile, provide networking opportunities and peer-to-peer learning, and enjoy VIP attendance of The Meetings Show.
Applications for Tomorrow’s Talent open today (Thursday 17 January) and will close on 22 February. Planners can either nominate themselves, or be nominated by an industry colleague, via an online registration form or video submission. Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges, including:
- Ross Barker, commercial director, The Meetings Show
- Paul Harvey, deputy editor, M&IT Magazine
- Fiona Macdonald, senior manager business events, VisitBritain
- Leigh Cowlishaw, director of proposition – accommodation and meetings, Capita Travel & Events
- Patrick Delaney, managing partner, SoolNua
- Ryan Curtis-Johnson, head of PR & marketing, DRP
Fiona Macdonald said: “The events industry is made up of incredibly talented people, who are often behind the scenes and busy delivering seamless events. The Tomorrow’s Talent Award is a great opportunity to recognise and celebrate that young, hidden talent, giving them an opportunity to shine. I’m looking forward to seeing entries that challenge my own thinking and experience. A stand-out entry will be one that shows how they are appealing to the participant of tomorrow, with a focus on the future and how the events industry will evolve to stay relevant to future generations.”
Full benefits for the 10 winners will include attendance at a celebratory lunch; personal profiling opportunities through M&IT and The Meetings Show; VIP attendance at The Meetings Show 2019 including travel to the show and one nights’ accommodation, tickets to the Pre-Show Conference and Hosted Buyer Welcome Reception, access to the Hosted Buyer Lounge at the show and tickets to the MPI charity party; their own dedicated Tomorrow’s Talent drinks reception at The Meetings Show; the chance to sit on a panel as part of The Meetings Show’s education programme; and, for one winner, the exclusive opportunity to secure a place on The Meetings Show’s advisory board for 2019/20.
To take part, nominees must be under the age of 30 at the time of The Meetings Show 2019 (26-27 June), be based in the UK, and hold a full-time position as a meeting or event planner.
To download the application form and nominate yourself or a colleague, visit www.themeetingsshow.com/visit/tomorrow's-talent.
Taking place on Wednesday 26 and Thursday 27 June 2019, The Meetings Show is the premier event for the UK inbound and outbound meetings industry, organised by Centaur Live (a division of Centaur Media Plc). Organised by meeting professionals for meeting professionals, it is focused around a large exhibition, networking opportunities and professional education. The hosted buyer programme – the largest in the UK – attracts buyers from the corporate, association, agency and public sectors. The show features destinations from over 50 countries across 6 continents, venues, hotels and key providers of meetings products and services.
The Show includes:
- The Exhibition: Featuring destinations, venues, hotels and suppliers, the exhibition sits at the heart of The Meetings Show.
- Education Programme: Planned by education experts from across the industry, the conference sessions work in harmony with the exhibition and more than 10,000 meetings taking place on the floor.
- Networking: The Meetings Show offers an unrivalled networking opportunity for event venues, event buyers and suppliers. For those looking to see more before and after the show, there will also be fam trips visiting key destinations around the UK and internationally.
The Meetings Show has an Advisory Board that meets several times a year both in person and virtually, bringing together their wealth of experience, ideas and strategic understanding of the meetings industry.