The UK’s leading event for the inbound and outbound meetings industry, The Meetings Show, has appointed seven sector leaders to join its advisory board.
The Meetings Show’s advisory board consists of eminent experts from both the buyer and supplier sides of the industry, who bring together their wealth of experience, ideas and strategic leadership to help steer and develop the show.
Joining the 12 existing board members are:
- Therese Dolan, Events Senior Manager at Diabetes UK
- Nicole Leida, Head of Conference & Events at the National Cancer Research Institute
- Frode Aasaheim, Managing Director of Norway Convention Bureau
- Tarquin Scadding-Hunt, CEO of MD Group
- Steven Jenkinson, Conference & Events Manager at the Royal College of Nursing
- Diane Waldron, Sales & Marketing Manager at the QEII Centre and Chair of ICCA UK & Ireland
- Leigh Cowlishaw, Director of Supplier Partnerships for Capita Travel and Events
David Chapple, Group Event Director for The Meetings Show, said: “I am delighted to welcome the new members to our advisory board, who between them bring relevant and important industry expertise that will prove invaluable as we continue to develop and grow The Meetings Show.
Leigh Cowlishaw, Director of Supplier Partnerships for Capita Travel & Events said: “I am really excited about joining the advisory board of the Meetings Show, one of the UK industry’s leading exhibitions. With over 20 years’ experience of the market, and a lot of insight into the specific needs of agents, partners and customers, I can’t wait to support the team in making the event even bigger and better for visitors and exhibitors alike.”
Steven Jenkinson, Conference & Events Manager at the Royal College of Nursing, said: “It was an honour to be invited to join The Meetings Show advisory board; I hope that my many years events experience – more than 15 of which have been spent in the associations sector – will help the show meet the needs of fellow association sector event professionals. I look forward to working with the advisory board to continue to shape and grow the event.”
The Meetings Show takes place on Wednesday 27 & Thursday 28 June at Olympia London. For more information, visit www.themeetingsshow.com.