STOP PRESS: Fantastic result from our raffle, slient and live auctions at the Annual Dinner on 10th January which raised a whopping £21,802 for Buses4Homeless
HBAA are delighted to be working with Buses4Homeless, which makes use of converted, old and decommissioned buses to help homeless people in the city of London and in future create satellite projects in other areas.
Buses4Homeless projects include using buses for shelter, mobile kitchens and vocational training opportunities.
Since the Annual Dinner where we introduced members to Dan and his team at Buse4homeless and raised in excess of £26k, the social enterprise has gone from strength to strength. They have had overwhelming support from many companies and individuals across the UK, many of which are you our members.
Here's a fabulous thank you message to HBAA from Dan And Deri at Buses4Homeless:
In just 3 months they have had some great donations and collaborations from:
- DBF Events have donated 10 iMacs, for the Bus4learning.
- Laura Ashley Via Corus Hotels donated fabrics, curtains, bedding and wallpaper.
- Celebrity mattresses have donated customized mattresses for all 16 bunks.
- They have signed an MOU with No First Night Out & their partnership group & are also in collaboration talks with 2 of the large homeless organizations.
- They are getting positive interest through engagements with The GLA, MPs, Councils, Boroughs, rough sleeping leads, housing associations, job centres and TFL.
- They have early interest from the largest Asset Management company to potentially help with a site.
- Kings College London has already volunteered 30 days and continue to support with the help of an ‘Event steering group.
- Tradesmen, construction companies, suppliers, friends, family, Corporates and the London community have all stepped in to help with expertise and donations
- They have also partnered with EventsRtalented as their chosen charity for 2019
- They are also collaborating with Black Architecture by means of a joint crowdfunding initiative ( supported by the Mayor of London) to raise a substantial amount of funding.
Following the raffle held at the Annual Forum, our year to date fundraising has reached the amazing total of £32,566.50
We have a target of £30K and all the money raised goes directly to Buses 4 Homeless.
If you would like to donate this fantastic social enterprise you can do so via their Just Giving page here.
Previous years' charitable giving
- 2016-2018 Chair Louise Goalen’s charity was Brigade. The total raised was £44k for UK based projects linked to supporting the homeless by helping them to learn catering industry skills so that they develop careers in the hospitality sector.
- 2015 Chair Jacqui Kavanagh's charity was MIMN. The total raised was £29K for UK based projects linked to working with our future industry business leaders.
- 2014 Chair Chris Parnham elected to support The Who Cares? Trust and over £17K was raised
- 2013 Chair Chris Parnhams charity was The Make A Difference Trust and raised in excess of £16.1K
- 2012 Chair Chris Peacocks charity was RNLI and raised in excess of £44K
- 2011 Chair Juliet Prices chosen charity was Wheelpower's Wheel Appeal and raised in excess of £28K
- 2010 Chair Stephen Usher chosen charity was Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance and raised in excess of £4K. This was the inaugural year of introducing the Chairs Charity and we also raised money for HBAA main charity at the time: Lynns Bowel Cancer Campaign
- Between 2003 & 2010 the HBAA supported Lynns Bowel Cancer Campaign and raised in excess of £150,000