HBAA are delighted to be working with Buses4Homeless, which makes use of converted, old and decommissioned buses to help homeless people in the city of London and in future create satellite projects in other areas.
Buses4Homeless projects include using buses for shelter, mobile kitchens and vocational training opportunities.
A few facts:
- Buses4Homeless mission is to provide 14,600 nights sleep a year in the warmth and comfort of Double Decker Buses.
- One converted can sleep up to 20 homeless people a night.
- It costs £5,000 to purchase a bus in order to start the refurbishment.
- Buses will be converted into Sleeping, Eating & Learning spaces for the homeless
- Each guests undertakes a 3 Month intensive course to equip them with the skills and tools to go from the streets into paid employment and housing at the end of the programme.
HBAA is planning activities throughout the year to support and raise funds for Buses4Homeless, including the Annual Dinner, Annual Forum, Members Meetings and Come Dine With Me.
We have a target of £30K and all the money raised goes directly to Buses 4 Homeless.
If you would like to donate this this fantastic charity you can do so via their Just Giving page here.
Previous years' charitable giving
- 2015 Chair Jacqui Kavanagh's charity was MIMN. The total raised was £29K for UK based projects linked to working with our future industry business leaders.
- 2014 Chair Chris Parnham elected to support The Who Cares? Trust and over £17K was raised
- 2013 Chair Chris Parnhams charity was The Make A Difference Trust and raised in excess of £16.1K
- 2012 Chair Chris Peacocks charity was RNLI and raised in excess of £44K
- 2011 Chair Juliet Prices chosen charity was Wheelpower's Wheel Appeal and raised in excess of £28K
- 2010 Chair Stephen Usher chosen charity was Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance and raised in excess of £4K. This was the inaugural year of introducing the Chairs Charity and we also raised money for HBAA main charity at the time: Lynns Bowel Cancer Campaign
- Between 2003 & 2010 the HBAA supported Lynns Bowel Cancer Campaign and raised in excess of £150,000
- 2017-2018 Chair Louise Goalen’s charity was Brigade. The total raised was £44k for UK based projects linked to supporting the homeless by helping them to learn catering industry skills so that they develop careers in the hospitality sector.