It has brought great joy to all of our teams to see our hotels busy with guests once more, which is why we are delighted to share the news of the 2021 Condé Nast Traveller Readers' Choice Awards. This year’s results are really a testament to our teams who have passionately cared for our hotels throughout the last 18 months and beyond, and we are so thankful for our loyal guests and partners who voted for us.
We are proud to have been honoured with the following accolades:
The Chesterfield Palm Beach: The number 1 hotel in Florida
• Summer Lodge Country House Hotel & Restaurant: The number 5 top hotel in the UK
• The Milestone Hotel & Residences: The number 5 top hotel in London
• Ashford Castle: The number 7 top resort in Europe
• The Oyster Box: The number 9 top hotel in Southern Africa
• Bushmans Kloof: The number 15 top hotel in Southern Africa
• The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa: The number 16 top hotel in Southern Africa
• Hotel d’Angleterre: The number 12 top hotel in Europe
The Egerton House Hotel, Hotel 41, The Rubens at the Palace and The Montague on the Gardens were all also listed among the best hotels in London.
This exciting news comes as we prepare to open our 19th hotel in the collection… 100 Princes Street in Edinburgh, looking up at the castle. I am delighted to announce that this hotel will open on 4th April 2022, celebrating the rich history of this storied city and the many great Scottish explorers and adventurers who made this historic building their home. Set to breathe new life into one of Edinburgh's most important addresses and inspired by Alexander McQueen, the restoration will look to protect and retain the original heart and soul of 100 Princes Street.
We look forward to sharing more information in due course! Until then, a genuine thank you from all of us in the Red Carnation Hotels family. Your friendship and support truly means a lot.