- As of 09:00 25 February, a total of 6,795, people have been tested in the UK, 6,782 have been confirmed negative. Four further patients have tested positive bringing the total to 13. The virus was passed on in the Diamond Princess cruise ship and the patients have been transferred to specialist NHS infection centres.
- Globally as of 25 February at 10.00am there are 80,250 cases of which 77,658 are in China, 977 are in the Republic of Korea and 229 are in Italy. The fatalities to date are 2,663 (of which the following are outside China: Hong Kong SAR (2), Iran (12), Cases on Diamond Princess Cruise ship (2), Italy (6), Japan (1), Taiwan (1), France (1), Philippines (1) Republic of Korea (10)).
New travel advice
- The UK Government is advising anyone who has travelled, or returned, to the UK since 19 February from Iran, specific lockdown areas in Northern Italy as designated by the Government of Italy, special care zones in South Korea as designated by the Government of the Republic of South Korea, Hubei province (returned in the past 14 days) to call NHS111 to inform them of your recent travel to the area and stay indoors and avoid contact with other people even if you do not have symptoms.
- The UK Government is also advising is advising anyone who has travelled, or returned, to the UK from Northern Italy (defined by a line above, and not including, Pisa, Florence and Rimini), Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar since 19 February and develop symptoms, however mild, to stay indoors at home and avoid contact with other people immediately and call NHS111.
Other travel measures, advice and updates:
- On 24 February the organisers of ITB Berlin published a new reassurance statement confirming that the event will be going ahead as planned.
Practical advice and guidance
- The UK Government has today issued COVID-19: guidance for employers and businesses. We are still awaiting sign off of the tourism business advice.
In the meantime you can visit our website where we continue to share advice for businesses and links to key updates and information.