- As of 27 February, a total of 7,690 people have been tested in the UK, of which 7,675 were confirmed negative. A further two patients have tested positive bringing the total to 15. The virus was passed on in Italy and Tenerife, the patients have been transferred to specialist NHS infection centres.
- Of the 15 cases, 8 people have been discharged from hospital.
- Globally as of 27 February at 10.00am there are 82,125 cases of which 78,497 are in China, 1,595 are in the Republic of Korea and 400 are in Italy. The fatalities to date are 2,798 (of which the following are outside China: Hong Kong SAR (2), Iran (19), Cases on Diamond Princess Cruise ship (4), Italy (12), Japan (1), Taiwan (1), France (2), Philippines (1) Republic of Korea (12)).
- Scotland have made COVID-19 a notifiable disease.
- The crisis team of the Federal Ministry of Health and the Federal Ministry of the Interior will talk about the impact of the outbreak of coronavirus on ITB Berlin tomorrow, Friday 28 February. They need to balance health protection and economic interests, stated Horst Seehofer (CSU*), Minister of the Interior on Thursday in Berlin. We will update you tomorrow on any outcomes.
In the meantime you can visit our website where we continue to share advice for businesses and links to key updates and information.