How can employees support the marketing function during the current situation?
- Well to some extent it depends on their situation. Quite strict rules around furlough – not being seen to work at your own job but you can pick fruit – Big Brother rumours about being watched by HMRC
- Maybe they can’t help directly but they may advise, or feed through relevant information for clients, suggest great content for posts or organise charity fundraising or other activities that you could share. This would be really helpful.
- If you’re going to run a company social media campaign definitely get your staff engaged – think about morale and company spirit!! Think about reaching out to clients and suppliers alike and ask them to engage in feedback, comments and activities.
- Find out what hidden skills people have – you can draw upon these when budgets are tight – some people are naturally intuitive when it comes to marketing software.
- Ask everyone to share their ideas on what you can do with no budget and little resource – you may be surprised. And they’ll enjoy supporting it even more if you ask them to participate – Blogs, photos, videos, survey’s and even smaller client forums. Information can be repurposed and shared across other channels.
- Create virtual teams and give them specific roles.
- And tag wherever you can.