The ACC Liverpool Group, Liverpool.
- To manage and develop the association sales team setting objectives to achieve pre-set targets identified from the association sales plan.
- To manage the Association Sales Coordinator to ensure that there is a robust process for targeting key events, developing and maintaining relationships and handling enquiries.
- To manage the Research and Bid Executive to ensure that appointments are set for key exhibitions, research is recorded on EBMS, Club Liverpool liaison is up to date and opportunities identified through sector research are acted on in a timely manner and to ensure that planned bid activity is achieved against set timelines.
- To create a culture within the association sector that puts ACC Liverpool at the forefront of clients minds when placing business.
- To develop an annual sales strategy, taking into account market trends and the business environment and review this on a quarterly basis reporting on any findings.
- To contact and communicate price proposals to clients for space and facilities at The ACC Liverpool Group.
- To ensure contracts are raised, accurate and reflect the proposal made and, working with the Contracts Executive, ensure they are signed and returned.
- To ensure packages of services are agreed with the client and communicated to The ACC Liverpool Group events and operations teams.
- To undertake cold calling and relevant sales and marketing activities in order to achieve sales targets from association clients.
- Through the Account Sales Manager, develop opportunities that can be supported by the Association Sales Coordinator, creating a ‘team’ approach to mid-sized opportunities.
- To identify opportunities and grow new business from a variety of organisations including existing relationships with clients and PCO’s.
- To work with ABPCO membership in identifying opportunities for ACC Liverpool.
- To grow business from large ‘aspirational’ events that have not previously considered ACC Liverpool for their events.
- To significantly increase the volume of multi-year deals whilst growing rental at required year on year percentage to achieve targets.
- To identify, through the Research and Bid Executive, opportunities for international bidding through the national association and approach to bid in partnership with Liverpool.
- To develop a robust CRM process to ensure that key client relationships are developed on an on-going consistent basis and that this information is recorded and reported each month.
- To work with Liverpool Convention Bureau to ensure there is a coherent and proactive approach to the association sector and that The ACC Liverpool Group client destination visits run seamlessly when support is required.
- Through exhibition activity, newsletter and ACC Liverpool updates develop relationships with core and in-house PCO’s to keep ACC Liverpool at the forefront of their minds.
- On a monthly basis, report on enquiries received, lost and developed, the state of the sector including business position in relation to the budget target.
- To follow up on any leads and general enquiries, dealing with them in a timely and efficient manner and ensure that team members do the same.
- To proactively call potential customers and ensure that team members are targeted to do the same.
- To prepare event costs and proposals as required.
- To set up and attend regular ‘keep in touch’ client meetings.
- To set up and attend regular ‘keep in touch’ team member meetings.
- To attend exhibitions, meetings and other events nationally and internationally as required to promote The ACC Liverpool Group.
- To manage the follow up of leads gained for the association sector from national and international activity, reporting on opportunities and outcomes.
- To provide a monthly sales activity report of planned activity 3 months out.
- To assist in the creation and hosting of evening and weekend familiarisation visits as required by the Director of Sales – Conference and Exhibitions.
- To provide a client ‘face’ for The ACC Liverpool Group and promote Liverpool as a conference destination at all times.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with this post as determined by the Director of Sales – Conference and Exhibitions.
- The duties of this post may require weekend, evening and night work and working bank holidays to meet the needs of the agreed programme of events activities and this is reflected in the salary for this role.
- To adopt and sustain a flexible approach to the work of the team.
- To contribute to the success of the team in meeting The ACC Liverpool Group’s aims and objectives.
- To undertake training as required to efficiently perform the duties of this role.
- This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing.
- It is inevitable over time to time that the emphasis of this job will change, therefore this information will be periodically reviewed, revised and updated in consultation with the post holder to reflect the appropriate changes.
Please visit http://www.accliverpool.com/about-us/working-for-us/vacancies/senior-association-sales-manager/ and complete an application form.